Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday, March 14, 2016

Resources for Level 0 Homemaking

I had no idea what homemaking was.

I didn't growing up watching it modeled.

I didn't growing up learning how to do it.

I was at level 0.

So when I got married, I was overwhelmed.

I admired the beautiful picture the Proverbs 31 woman portraits, but I was clueless about how to get there.

Thankfully, there are lots of resources available and I'd love to share with you what have helped me.



The Keeping a Growing Home Series by the Growing Home Blog

Jacinda is wise beyond her years and I loved learning about home management from her.

In this series, she talked about knowing your role & choosing priorities; she also shared what her schedule looks like throughout the day and offered some time-saving home management tips (we all could use more of those, couldn't we?!)

I highly recommend following this series!





Pinterest

There are lots of ingenious homemaking tips and tricks and hacks and insights! Oh I love them!

I have pinned my favorites on this board here, feel free to take a look and try a few out!

**I will warn against comparing ourselves to those who seem to have mastered homemaking.
Please keep in mind that we are all gifted differently and we are in different seasons of life; but our common goal is to glorify God through working heartily whatever our hands find to do. So let's encourage each other and learn from one another where we lack.






The Christian Homemaker's Handbook edited by Pat Ennis and Dorothy Kelley Patterson

This handbook covers a wide range of topics and contains lots of practical information and how-to's.

It was such an awesome resource for someone like me.

I found myself going 'ooooh, that makes sense,' or 'oooh that's helpful!' as I flipped through the pages.

I hope this will help you just as much!








The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing

There's been lots of hypes around this book lately and I understand why.

I followed her principles in decluttering my closet and I got rid of 5 13-gallon-sized trash bags full of clothes. I felt so good afterwards.

I strongly believe that when you have less to manage, you get less overwhelmed and as a result you are more efficient in managing your home! (Plus you need less time to actually manage the home! Can I get a high five on that?)




What resources have helped YOU? Share in the comments below!

Post a Comment