Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Pretty | Not Pretty



I've been feeling... not beautiful lately.

A few times I wanted to put a picture of myself on Instagram but I ended up deleting the photos in frustration.

My cheeks have filled out from this pregnancy.

Pimples after pimples have gladly taken up residency on my face in the most obvious spots.

A hot mess is how I would describe myself.

BUT.

I saw something on Instagram the other day that inspired me to shift my focus from self to God.

The obvious evidence of my pregnancy has clouded my vision.

What I should see is how God is using my body to grow a HUMAN.

A SOUL.

A soul that He has great plans for.

A soul that He so loves He died for.

When that is my perspective of self, I no longer see myself flawed but purposeful.

And God's purpose is beautiful beyond measure.


Post a Comment